Camp Mabry

Austin, Texas

Camp Mabry Building 1, originally constructed in 1918 for the University of Texas’ U.S. Army School of Automobile Mechanics, is the only administrative building and the most prominent of the National Register Camp Mabry Historic District. Building 1 has undergone several major renovations including CCC era renovations, the addition of an annex building and 1970’s “modernization” renovations. The work will return its exterior to the original 1918 appearance while also providing for Anti-Terrorism Force protection requirements.

Architexas is working with Frees and Nichols on the full restoration and rehabilitation of the interior and exterior of the historic load bearing masonry building, including code compliance upgrades and all new mechanical, electrical and plumbing.

Read MoreClose