Hardeman County Jail
Architexas prepared a Historic Structures Report that included a restoration master plan for the historic Hardeman County Courthouse. The courthouse, designed by R.H. Stuckey, was constructed in 1908 by Thomas Lovell & Sons. The Historic Structures Report included a detailed and comprehensive evaluation of existing conditions and recommendations for the most appropriate method to stabilize and preserve this valuable historic resource. Since no original drawings existed, Architexas field measured the building so that plans and elevation of the structure could be drawn and an accurate analysis could be made. The master plan met standards for the Texas Historic Courthouse Preservation Program (THCPP) for the full restoration of the building, and the project was granted funding to develop Construction Documents for the exterior and interior restoration. Two separate grants were received from the THCPP – one for the exterior restoration, completed in June of 2012, and a second for the interior restoration, completed in June of 2014.