Liberty Bank Building
The historic commercial building (Liberty State Bank) was located at 2226 Elm Street in downtown Dallas. Constructed in 1899, the two-story Italianate masonry building was one of Dallas’ oldest surviving historic commercial buildings and had retained its architectural integrity. The City planned to demolish the building for a new thoroughfare. In order to preserve the building, it was relocated to property near the Farmers Market in downtown Dallas. The building was physically recorded, carefully dismantled and reconstructed. The newly reconstructed building provides 4,250 square feet of retail space on two ﬂ oors and a 1,000 square foot adjacent outdoor plaza. The project utilized Tax Increment Finance funding from the City of Dallas.