Republic Center Adaptation
Architexas provided historic preservation services for the National Register of Historic Places Nomination and Historic Preservation Tax Certification of the rehabilitation and adaptive use of the historic Republic National Bank (Republic Center Complex). The Republic Bank Building was constructed in 1954 to provide a modern and impressive new home to the state’s largest bank. A second tower was added to the complex in the 1960s, and a final addition in the 80s completed the complex, which covers an entire city block. When Republic Bank failed in the 1980s, the largest such failure in United States history at the time, the building was vacated. Transwestern Commercial Services adapted the complex to a mixed-use office, retail and apartment development. The ground floor store front and public lobbies were restored to the original design. The building currently provides residential lease space as well as commercial lease space.