Tower Station & U-Drop Inn
Architexas provided a phased restoration master plan and architectural consulting services through construction for the historic 1936 Tower Station and U-Drop Inn Café on old Route-66. Architexas evaluated the building’s condition and researched its history in order to prepare a Historic Structures Report and Restoration Master Plan. The project, funded by the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st-Century (TEA-21), involved rehabilitation and adaptive use of the historic gas station and café to serve the community as a chamber of commerce and visitor center. Upon completion and approval of the Master Plan, the ﬁrm assisted the prime, Philips Swager Associates (PSA), in the development of construction documents and speciﬁcations for the building. The project was designed to adhere to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Rehabilitation of Historic Structures.