Johnson County Courthouse
Architexas provided a restoration Master Plan and full architectural services through construction administration of the historic 1912 courthouse, designed by Lang and Witchell. Construction commenced in the Fall of 2005. Architexas prepared a Master Plan and Historic Structures Report that met the guidelines for the Texas Historic Courthouse Preservation Program (THCPP), and qualified for more than $4 million in grant funding for construction documents and construction. The construction documents were completed in summer 2005.
The scope of work for construction included restoration of corridors, stairwells, and historic courtrooms, rehabilitation of county offices and sensitive integration of handicap accessibility, contemporary systems, and modern fire protection throughout.